Each year, MCEC organizes a Strategic Meeting in which a) the project clusters are being discussed, and b) the challenges and opportunities they present for the strengthening of the collaborations. All PhDs and Postdocs will be expected to attend this event, where they will give a short presentation on their projects.
MCEC members who are involved in one or more MCEC projects as a project leader and/or supervisor, are invited and welcome to register for this event. Members of the MCEC Scientific Advisory Board are invited as well.
This year, the Strategic Meeting and Discussion of the Project Clusters will be held on 5 and 6 December at NH Koningshof in Veldhoven.
- Nanoreactors: Chair Albert van den Berg / Bert Weckhuysen
- Biomass conversion: Chair Niels Deen / Pieter Bruijninck
13.00 – 13.45 Lunch
13.45 – 15.55 Discussion session 2 (parallel session)
- Future methodologies in catalysis & solar fuels: Chair Alfons van Blaaderen / Emiel Hensen
- Fluidic systems: chair Hans Kuipers / Detlef Lohse
- Syngas conversion: chair Rutger van Santen / Hans Kuipers
- Nanobubbles: chair Detlef Lohse / Bert Weckhuysen
Wednesday, December 6, 2017
Please take note: CHAINS 2017 is also held on this location on 5, 6 and 7 December this year. The MCEC Meeting however, is organized separately from CHAINS (in a different part with separate catering facilities).
In case you want to register for CHAINS and make use of hotel accommodation, please make sure that when you fill in the registration, you request a hotel room on the 5th as well. That will ensure you that you can stay in the same room. Registration for CHAINS
If you’d just like to register for the MCEC Strategic Meeting & Project Cluster Discussion, your accommodation will be booked at Hotel Steensel.